Hello people of the internet!
How is the going? I hope everyone had a good week? I was swamped in quizzes and presentations and stuff but I am excited that is finally the weekend! Since finding out that you guys love to hear about my personal life *gasps* (I’m still happy about that obviously). I decided to share some of my favorite things in January. It’s a bit of everything, as this blog is.
Sidebar: what would you call this blog anyway? Lifestyle? Writing? Fashion? Personal? (i think so too)
So here’s some of the stuff I’ve been loving, along with a little something from the Caribbean at the end!
- Rhodes: *sigh. He’s my newest favorite. I love his music so much, there’s a blogpost dedicated to it here. I’ve known about him since September of last year, but I recently bought his EP and I just had to spotlight him. Everyone needs to know how great he is.
- The god of Small Things: I really want to do a book review for this, but I don’t think I have the right words to artculate how amazing it is. It’s my new favorite book of all time. It’s by Arudhati Roy and it’s about a set of Twins and the events they precipitated unintentionally and how they changed the lives of an entire family and then some more people. It’s what you would call “achingly beautiful’ and this woman writes the most beautiful words, she makes broken, beautiful. so, read it!
- Creme in my Coffee: Lipstick by MAC. Gorgeous nude colour and it suits my skin tone. Ahh. I want to wear it every single day. It comes off a bit darker on camera, so here’s a picture of me wearing it.
- Sharpie pens: I love these pens! They write so thick and still do not bleed onto the next page. I’ve been using these fine point pens for a while and now normal ball point pens seem so faint in comparison. They’re actually pricey for pens but if I study so hard, I can at least indulge on good stationery, no?
- Arm Candy: I’ve been into a lot of bracelets lately especially brightly colored ones with an African feel to them. I’m still building my collection and I cannot wait till my arm is almost all covered with bracelets. These are my little joys, guys.
- Carib slang of the week: “commess” = gossip. A lover of commess is what we Nigerians would call an “amebo” or “aproko” I find slangs in other countries very interesting, to be honest. It’s amazing how different cultures think in different ways.
That’s all for this month, folks. See you at the end of February, God willing with more beautiful favorite things.
Love, Afoma x