I’m trying something different today. I’m writing all the things I plan to do this summer. It may be my own way of dealing with stress at the moment-looking to the future. These are just plans, summer may end up better than this (or worse, I think not). Here goes:
1. Travel. I plan to visit another city here in Ukraine. There are also plans to visit Nigeria. I might be learning how to swim, if i can. And maybe somewhere else, who knows?
2. Write. A lot. Short stories. Poems. Maybe articles for other blogs. And I want to try a short novella. We’ll see.
3. Study. A lot. My first pro exams are next year. I need to brush up on my first year courses especially. The plan is to study a few hours, some days a week. That’s the plan. I hope it works.
4. Take a ton of pictures. I’m literally going to have a camera everywhere I go. Of course, by camera, I also mean my phone. I plan to make a lot of memories.
5. Read. For pleasure. I’d like to read at least ten good books. I’m currently making my reading list. I’m gonna have a ball.
6. Spend time with family. I’ve missed my family and friends so much and spending as much time with them as possible is my first priority. I want to savor every moment.
7. Eat. Eat. Eat. All I can eat. Especially yam. And plantain. And good Nigerian soups. Basically my mother’s cooking. I could use some extra weight.
8. Chill. Just relax. After doing all my chores, I mean. But just chill and let my brain breathe for a while.
9. Drive. I learned driving last year. I’m honestly terrified by those big lorries and Nigerian roads in general. Mean honking drivers. But this summer, I plan to brush up on my driving and hit the roads, hopefully without bashing my parents’ car.
10. Improve my relationship with God. Being too busy can take a toll on things. It’s not so easy to find time for the right things and while I’m doing my best now. I definitely could do more.
There you have it people. You should set up your own bucket list. It gives you something to look forward to and a reason to kick ass in your finals. You don’t want to spend time worrying about your results instead of chilling. I’m putting up my countdown in the right corner of this blog, countdown to my summer break, in case you were confused. I’ll be sure to let you know how my summer goes and what I crossed off my list and what I didn’t. Thanks for reading and have a nice week xx